Yes, for all of you who now got curious about the Sunday Smoothie Demo at the Green Living Show. Here it comes. It is based on the basic Green Smoothie Recipe I posted here earlier – just loaded with potent Superfoods. To find out more about any of the ones suggested in this recipe, you can visit either Navitas Naturals‘ website or the genuine New Zealand based Matakana Superfoods one.
Fresh Fijian turmeric can be obtained from Ramesh and Jayshree on Sunday mornings at the South East corner of the Takapuna Market.
And here is your recipe:
Super Charged Green Smoothie
Makes two 750ml smoothies
- 1 frozen banana, cut in chunks
- 2 oranges or 4 mandarines, peeled
- 1 pear or apple, cut in chunks
- ½ avocado, peeled
- 1 T (heaping) Sacha Inchi powder or Hemp protein powder
- 1 T Chia seeds
- 1 T Maca powder
- 1 t Maqui powder
- 1 t Mangosteeen powder
- ½ t Camu powder
- ¼ t vanilla powder
- 2 cm fresh turmeric, sliced
- 1 big bunch of dandelion leaves, parsley or kale, finely chopped
- 2 T Goji berries, optional
- 2 T currants, for extra sweetness
- 2 t Sacha Inchi oil, optional
- 2 c drinking water, or more if required
- Start with the juicy fruit in the bottom of the blender and finish with the chopped dandelion leaves on the top.
- Then pour water in so it reaches about 2/3 up in the blender jar. Blend on high until everything is smoothly blended.
- Split in two and share with your loved One!