These ones were the hit at the Prana New Year Festival 2012 ‘Chocolate Bar’ at the Barn. Having arrived here you might have been looking around on the web for a decent Bliss Ball recipe that didn’t just sport some nuts and dates rolled into a ball. I’ve been in your position and couldn’t find any either that deserved the ‘Bliss’ with the Balls.
So here is a proven recipe that has some serious ‘Bliss Potential’. They are a great treat, last a while in the fridge and can be altered to have a different dusting (try Mesquite or Lucuma), the goji berries replaced with Acai, etc. Just make a few batches of this recipe and then start playing. I would love to hear from you. And while you are on it, please take a few pictures, as I haven’t any good ones of these yet 🙂
Super Hero Bliss Balls
A lunchbox treat for Super Heroes!
Makes a few
- 2c dried shredded coconut
- 2c Cashews, dry, ground into flour
- 2T Chia seeds
- 1/2c Goji berries, soaked
- 1/3 c date paste (dates blended into a paste with just enough water)
- 1T Maca powder
- 3T raw cacao powder
- ½ t Vanilla extract
- 2T raw cacao nibs
- 1-2 T raw cacao powder for dusting
- Combine the coconut, cashew flour, chia seeds, maca powder, 3 T of raw cacao powder and the cacao nibs in a large mixing bowl.
- In a food processor pulse the goji berries then add to the date paste. Now add the moist ingredients, incl. Vanilla extract, to the dry mix in the bowl. With your hands mix everything well.
- With a 1 T measuring spoon scoop even amounts of bliss ball mix into your hand and roll into evenly round balls.
- Dust each ball individually by loosely rolling it in raw cacao powder in a separate bowl. Let it gently roll around in your hand to apply the cacao powder firmly to it and to shake off any excess powder.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour then place on a platter and serve – or hide in the Super Hero’s lunch box.
Enjoy, and try keeping up with the demand!