With our “Dry it, you will like it!” class coming up here a little teaser and one of my favourite raw snack recipes. Should you prefer pecans over walnuts use them! For a different twist try sunflower seeds. They have a lighter yet nutty base flavour and dry in handy clusters. See the yummy picture below!
Makes 1+ dehydrator tray
- 3 c soaked walnut halves
- 4 T date paste
- 2 T agave nectar
- 6 T organic whole fat cocoa powder, raw if you choose
- ½ t cinnamon
- 1 t vanilla essence
- 3 drops butterscotch flavour or maple essence
- pinch natural sea salt
- ¼ t lime juice (I always add a few drops of citrus juice to chocolate – as it balances the flavours nicely)
- Mix everything thoroughly in a big bowl.
- Spread on Teflex sheet.
- Dehydrate at 105F for 12 hours. Turn over and remove Teflex sheet. Dehydrate for another 12 hours or until crisp. Turn trays by 90° periodically.
- Store in sealed glass jars (what’s leftover from snacking during dehydrating :-))